Postdoctoral Scholar Position - Laboratory of Dr. Rhonda Voskuhl
Successful candidates will have the following interests:
The overall mission of the lab is to understand molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration during aging in healthy people and mice and during multiple sclerosis and its mouse models. The lab incorporates multidisciplinary studies using cell-specific and region-specific transcriptomics to identify novel targets to ameliorate neurodegeneration as well as to study sex chromosome effects and sex hormone effects on mechanisms of axonal loss, synaptic plasticity and remyelination. Testing new targets through CNS cell-specific knock outs and pharmacologic treatments are done at the preclinical level as translational work toward a future novel clinical trial.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Immunology, Genetics, Endocrinology, Physiology or other field related to the above lab interests.
- Track record of productivity.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with other faculty, post docs, grad students, undergrads, and technicians.
- Willing to work with mouse models of human neurodegenerative diseases.
- Desire to conduct cutting-edge preclinical research focused on finding novel treatments for neurodegenerative disease.
To apply please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contacts of two potential recommenders to Dr. Rhonda Voskuhl (email@example.com). Preliminary informal inquiries are welcome.
For more information, see URL for list of publications: